I have tried playing on the computer, checking my email, just lying in bed, taking a bath with lavendar scented salt and candlelight and I am still in the same prediciment. Oh, and i can't spell.
Anyhow, I woke up at 12:45, after going to bed about 10:00 and can NOT go back to sleep. SO I figured what the hell, why not blog. Maybe it will help me solve the reason that I am not sleeping. Yes, I am stressed. I am going to be 30 on Friday and it just not sitting well. At. All. I know that it is just a number, another year, "I am so young" blah blah blah...I don't want to be 30. I am freaking out. When I turned 30 I was supposed to have it all figured out, not be in debt, have 2 kids, a house with a white picket fence and actually be able to take a fricken vacation out of the country, you know just be in a place that things were "happening for me." And since this is my blog and I don't give a shit what anyone says I am going to just be true to myself and say these things on here that I won't actually "tell" anyone. Now, don't get me wrong, I am SO blessed and I realize this. But that doesn't take away the fact that I am going to be 30 and never again in my 20's, I will be looked at as an adult without question, I mean remember when you say someone in "their 30's" even in college and they--now me--are old??? I have a beautiful daughter (who ages me on a daily basis), I have a wonderful husband who is also an amazing father, I have a great job and fantastic position as a "Supervisor", I have a great family, I have amazing friends who I am so thankful for, I am VERY lucky and blessed, but I also have a lot of responsibility with all of these wonderful titles. I can't just up and drive to Stephenville to go to a concert anymore, I have to think before I do anything because it could affect the future of my daughter, I have to watch what I say at work because I am the example and am held to a higher standard, I need to be home directly or soon after work so that Andy can go to work, I can't just call in sick to take the day and shop, I am mourning my youth. I miss my friends. I miss being spontaneous, although it was rare, but I still miss the freedom of it. I don't want to become old and boring and grumpy and miserable. I realize again that 30 is not the end of the world and it is still young, but it isn't the 20's, it isn't college, it is reality and life and a blessing to have another birthday. I am blessed, I am lucky to be alive, I am lucky to see my daughter grow and develope, I am blessed that people at work think enough of me to desire my opinion and need my input. I am so lucky to have a husband who loves me, even when I am irrational and emotional. I am soo soo soo lucky. I know it.
I need to lose some weight and focus on the good, the positive, the living and the opportunities. I feel better. I am still not sleepy, but I do feel better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love you and I miss you. And I will be thirty soon too. For some reason, 30 doesn't really freak me out, its all the numbers after that that make me cringe. Especially 35!
You are blessed and we are in the same boat as far as our expectations of where we would be when we were thirty. I didn't imagine I would stress about buying groceries and paying a mortgage! I didn't think I wouldn't be able to take vacations or not stay home with my kids. I guess I imagined a cake walk! But, we are both richly blessed & YOU are one of my blessings!
Post a Comment